30 Day Challenge, Day 10 (Carbs and co-dependency)

I have a confession to make.  I am really really REALLY craving my homemade granola.  It's late, I'm hungry, I want to relax with the sweet crunch of nuts and oats and molasses.  Toss some blueberries on top, cover it with coconut milk.  Mmmmmm.

Don't worry, I'm not going to do it.  I'm finding that I really do love eating Paleo (Superman, I see you chuckling over there).  Yes, I was stubborn about my breads and dairy, but I'm finding I don't miss them after all.  I thought I would, but I really don't.  Ballerina and I both realized that when we even think about bread, we immediately imagine the gluey lump we know it will make in our intestines.  But I have to be honest here.  I'm having a difficult night, missing my carbs. 

Carbs, we have a co-dependent relationship.  You need me to be unhealthy to continue loving you.  And honestly, even though you're yummy, you often hurt me.  Especially when I spend a lot of time with you.  So I'm taking responsibility for my health and my life, and I'm severely limiting our time together.

*whew!*

Today's food:

Meal #1
Scotch egg
Clementine

Meal #2
leftover Paleo Pancakes
Apricot topping
Coconut milk

Meal #3
leftover Shrimp Gumbo
dates

Meal #4
Tuna-Avocado Stuffed Peppers
Plum Applesauce
Cucumber

Meal #5
Caribbean Seafood Stew (really, really tasty)

Have I given appropriate credit to Ballerina?  First of all, she came up with the idea for stuffed sweet peppers.  She loves those little peppers just for munching on, but a few days ago, she discovered that if you cut the top off, you can jam it full of meat and veggies and it makes a great little edible container.  We've kept pepper stuffing in the fridge this week, throwing it together out of whatever we happen to have on hand.

Also, she has taken most of the fantastic photos of our meals.  Isn't her photography mouth-watering?

Comments

  1. I was worried you were going to say you ate a bowl of granola! :O Good job for resisting the temptation :)

    And thanks for the credit :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment