30 Day Challenge, Day 21 (No Re-runs!)

Shoot.  I forgot to take a photo of supper tonight.

As we wrap up the third week of the challenge, I realize I haven't repeated any supper menus, as far as I can tell.  That's quite a feat!  Ballerina told me yesterday she's actually sort of sad the challenge will be over soon.  Yes, we'll keep doing this, but a second "challenge" doesn't have the same excitement.

Valedictorian is even getting into the spirit of the adventure.  Today, she made herself an after school snack, and got all excited that she made a Paleo-friendly treat.  She sent me a message over Facebook while I was at work, "Mom Mom Mom!  Look what I made!"  And she posted a picture...

Valedictorian's Paleo Fruit Salad

Bananas and apples in unsweetened apricot sauce.  What great flavor and texture combinations!  Clever girl.

Meal #1
Banana Apricot Smoothie

Meal #2
Rosemary Tart
leftover Spiced Apple Butternut soup

Meal #3
Pork Salad (romaine, pulled pork, avocado, grape tomatoes, lime juice)

Meal #4
Coconut-encrusted Tilapia with Coconut-Balsamic sauce
Sauteed Mushrooms
Cumin Roasted Carrot Coins
Cucumber Spears

For the tilapia, I thawed four fillets and cooked them in just a little bit of coconut oil.  I sprinkled unsweetened shredded coconut on whatever side of the fish was facing up, and did the same when I turned the fish.

The sauce was an experiment based on a browned butter sauce I saw.  I melted coconut oil in a very small pan and poured balsamic vinegar in with it.  Simmer the two together, stirring occasionally, while the fish cooks.  Since the oil and vinegar never really emulsify, carefully spoon over fish to make sure you get some of each.

I sauteed the mushrooms in a bit of coconut oil and a sparse sprinkle of red cooking wine.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Valedictorian, Ballerina and I absolutely loved it!  Actress refused to eat any of it.  As things worked out, she ended up needing to go to her dad's anyhow, so she probably had macaroni and cheese.  *sigh*

Comments