30 Day Challenge, Day 23 (End of the Week Ingenuity)

Sometimes I just feel so danged smart.  I managed to have just enough of the right stuff leftover at the end of the week to make a dinner that wasn't weird.  Come on, you know what I'm talking about.  When I was a kid, I remember eating a meatloaf that had leftover macaroni and shredded zucchini in it, just to use up the last of what was in the fridge.  "Srevotfel", my mother called it -- which sounded sort of German, but it's really just the word "leftovers" backwards.

Before I left for work, I shredded and chopped the last of the cabbage, the last of the green onions, the last of the broccoli and the last of the celery, and put them in a bowl in the fridge.  On my break, I grabbed a carton of strawberries from the store and threw a spaghetti squash in the oven.  After work, I stir fried the vegetables and threw in some of the leftover pulled pork.  We served that over spaghetti squash and had fresh strawberries on the side.



Yep, smart.  That is, until I managed to drive right into a lightpole on my way out of a parking lot tonight.  Then I didn't feel so smart anymore.  Unfortunately, eating Paleo doesn't solve everything.  *sigh*

Meal #1
Bacon-Onion Omelet
Banana

Meal #2
Leftover Cauliflower Fried Rice
Beets, turnips, rutabaga
Walnuts
Coconut Milk

Meal #3
Pork Cabbage Stir Fry
Spaghetti Squash
Strawberries

Easiest way to cook a spaghetti squash:

Pierce the skin with a fork.  Set it, whole,  in the oven at 375 for one hour.  Remove and cut open (it will be VERY hot!) and remove seeds and yucky seed pulp.  Serve!

Comments