30 Day Challenge, Day 25 (Revisiting Favorites)

With the girls gone on vacation, I get to cook exclusively for Superman this week.  Actually, sometimes he cooks for me.  And sometimes we cook together.  Have I mentioned that I love that man?

This morning I was treated to a delicious omelet with sausage on the side, accompanied by sliced strawberries and avocados.  I tell you, the man buys avocados by the dozen.  It's wonderful.  For lunch, we threw together salads of mixed greens with shredded chicken, avocados, strawberries, and a drizzle of white wine vinegar (it turns out, I actually prefer the flavor of red wine vinegar, but it was still okay).

For dinner tonight, we did a rerun of some previous menu items (in fact, this week will be a review of our favorites from this whole challenge).  My good friend from Australia was visiting tonight.  He's a fish-eating-vegetarian, so I wanted to make sure our menu would be safe for him.

Mixed greens with strawberries and mangoes

Tilapia and Cilantro Quinoa

Spiced Apple Butternut Squash Soup

Dinner was an outstanding success.  My Aussie friend even noted that he was looking for a new nutrition plan, and thought he might be able to employ the principles of the Paleo lifestyle himself.  Superman and I encouraged him, letting him know that it's very possible, and very delicious.  Nothing about Paleo has to be about deprivation.

Meal #1
Onion and Pepper Omelet
Apple Sausage
Strawberries and avocados

Meal #2
Mixed greens
Shredded chicken
Strawberries and avocados

Meal #3
Mixed greens with strawberries and mangoes
Spiced Apple Butternut Squash Soup
Tilapia with balsamic vinegar
Pecan Cilantro Quinoa

Comments