30 Day Challenge, Day 27 (Pina Colada Chicken)

Pina Colada Chicken with Calypso Confetti Cauliflower

Last night, I made the menu that started it all -- Pina Colada Chicken with Calypso Confetti Cauliflower.  When I first decided to experiment with Paleo cooking, this was the first recipe I tried.  It was so amazing, I made it twice in one week.  We started the 30 Day Challenge just a few days later.  Since I still hadn't had a chance to make it for Superman, we had it last night.

And since I didn't post the picture of the previous night's dinner, here it is:

Rosemary Apple Chicken, Savory Cauliflower Fried "Rice", Mango, Strawberries


Ballerina is still impressing me beyond words.  Here's an excerpt from her write-up yesterday:

My Grandparents eat dinner really early--2:30.  We had roast beef, carrots, potatoes, and string beans.  There were options of sour cream and butter for the potatoes, but I opted for the meat juices instead.  I know string beans aren't really Paleo, the super strict people don't eat them.  But my mom said they were ok. So I had a few.  Mostly meat and carrots though.



Everyone had Double-Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream for dessert, except for me of course.  Grandma said she wouldn't put it on the table since she didn't want to tempt me. :)

"Oh, go ahead--I'm not tempted at all."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, I'm fine.  My mom and I make Paleo Ice Cream with full fat coconut milk and fruit.  It's soooo good."

"Wow, that does sound good!  I've had a type of Ice Cream with......"

Leftover this and that's were on the menu for the rest of the day. Go Paleo! :)

Tomorrow we're going to be hiking for most of the day.  Grandma was telling us the snacks she was packing.  As she listed off things like granola bars, sandwich wraps, crackers, chips, 'healthy' chips, pringles, etc.; I crossed them off in my head: No. No. No. No. Pahaha, No.  No. Etc...  She said nuts, fruit, vegetables, boiled eggs; and I thought, Ok. Awesome. Good. Good. 
I'll be making lettuce wraps with the extra roast beef as well. 

"Don't eat this! These are for Ballerina so she can have more protein than just boiled eggs!"
[Thanks Grandma :)]

Comments