B.I.G. Shreds

I improvised with dinner tonight.  I haven't made my menu plans for the week yet, so I threw something together, based on what was in the fridge and freezer.  While Ballerina tossed a spinach salad with strawberries, I shredded vegetables and stir fried them with leftover pulled pork.  It was marvelous.  There were no leftovers.  Ballerina asked what we should call this creation.  I took several mouthfuls and said I didn't know what to call it, but it's good. 

"B - I - G?  But It's Good?"

That Ballerina.  You've got to hand it to her.

B.I.G. Shreds
shredded cauliflower
shredded cabbage
shredded carrots
chopped onion
shredded pork

Stir fry the vegetables with some fat (I used leftover pork fat from the day I cooked the pork roast).  Toss the cooked pork on top and stir over heat until everything is hot.  Serve.

If you have access to a food processor or a shredder, this is a VERY quick dinner to get on the table.  I actually shredded and chopped everything during a 10 minute break in the afternoon, then cooked it all in about five minutes between getting Ballerina home from the dance studio and leaving again for my rehearsal.

Comments