Island Gumbo

Okay, technically it's not really "gumbo" in the traditional sense of the word.  But I just don't know what else to call it.  Maybe it's gumbo's cousin.

I threw this together one afternoon while frantically trying to assemble an after-school pre-ballet meal for Ballerina.  I just started tossing things in the pan as they occurred to me.  And it was amazing.  Last night, I made a big pot of it for dinner.  I love being able to eat until I'm full, don't you?

Island Gumbo
coconut oil
Shrimp
zucchini, sliced
carrots, sliced
onion, sliced
okra
ONO salt (it's from Hawaii.  I'm almost out, so I guess I need to go back)
lime juice
coconut milk (full-fat)
chopped macadamias

Stir fry the shrimp in the coconut oil.  Add the veggies and seasoning.  Squeeze in lime juice and continue to cook until veggies are softened but not soggy.  Stir in coconut milk until heated through.  Serve with a sprinkle of macadamias.

Paleo Comfort Food

Comments

Post a Comment