Road Trip!

Yesterday I took my daughters to Bodies: The Exhibition.  I've been planning this excursion for a couple months.  It's a 3 1/2 hour drive, but totally TOTALLY worth it.  Ballerina took eight pages of notes about the things she thought were amazing or cool (or wanted to ask questions about later from her Physiology teacher).  There were times when I stood staring at pieces of the exhibit, and felt tears come to my eyes at the amazing beauty of the human body -- all the way down to what's deep inside.  How can I describe it without sounding like a complete nerdy doofus?  Please, if you have an opportunity to attend the exhibit (it travels), jump at it.

So...trip food.  There's no way I was going to fill the car with Cheez-its and licorice.  This is what we took instead:

carrots, celery, cucumber, apples, plum applesauce, water bottles


Work it, apricots.
It's frustrating that all beef jerky is loaded with sugar.  Yes, I know that sugar is a preservative, and that's a great way to preserve meat and other food.  But it's a big no-no during our Paleo challenge.  So I went with pepperoni sticks, which have only a tiny amount of sugar ("less than 2% of the following ingredients").  It's on-the-road no-refrigeration-needed protein, and I wasn't sure what else to do.

We stopped at Wendy's for late lunch after the exhibit.   Ballerina and I each got Almond Berry Chicken Salads, prepared special without cheese.  Of course, the dressing is more like syrup (I think the first THREE ingredients were types of sugar), so I took a pass on that.  It was pretty good, but not really worth the six and a half bucks they charge for it (and not nearly as filling as good Paleo meals we make at home).

No workout today.  But after seeing the skeletal, muscular, circulatory, reproductive and digestive systems of the body, I'm once again motivated to make my insides absolutely beautiful!

Comments