Sadly, the rec center is my "box".

We had zucchini "noodles" and bolognese sauce again tonight.  And once again, it was delicious.  I used a combination of red tomatoes from my garden and yellow tomatoes my neighbor gave me, and served it all alongside spinach salad and pear slices.

Now that school has started, we're in frantic-busy mode most of the time.  We get up early to pray together before the girls leave for school, then I go hit my wod at the rec center.  In the evenings, I get home from work and focus solely on making dinner while the girls plow through their homework.  By the end of the day, I'm completely wiped out.  Some Saturday, I really need to make a humongous batch of bolognese and divide it and put it in the freezer.  My goal during this challenge isn't necessarily to come up with new stuff every night.  I just need to fix delicious stuff every night.

Pre-pre-workout warmup:  Jump in the car.  Turn the key.  Get frustrated because it won't start.  Call Superman.  Jumpstart the car with on-the-phone assistance.  Drive to the auto parts store.  Buy a new battery.  Watch the manager install it.  (I was totally prepared to put the new battery in myself, but the manager was on the job before I could tell him to stop.  Meh, I thought, let him get his hands dirty.)  Jump in the car.  Go to the rec center.

Pre-workout warmup:  Run hard for 800 meters, then immediately to the roman chair for 30 leg lifts. 

WOD:
4 rounds
15 SDHP 65#
7 jerk 65#

Finished in 12:22.  Then I went home and mowed the lawn, staked the tomatoes, and drilled new holes in the garden box dripline.  And somehow, got my hands really dirty.  I guess I should have put that battery in myself after all.

So, tomorrow.  The wod I want to do is a combination of running and overhead squats.  I have a conundrum.  Will the rec center allow me to take a barbell out to the track?  Also, since school has started (and the rec center uses the high school's track), will I get in the way of PE classes?  Or, do I keep the bar in the weight room, but increase my time because I'll have to start up a treadmill for the running portions every round?  Or do I substitute running with jumproping again?  Any ideas?

Comments