Birthday Girl

Yesterday was my birthday.  Ballerina made me breakfast in bed:  Roasted Red Pepper Sausage, coconut milk scrambled eggs, carrot hashbrowns, cantaloupe chunks, and carrot juice served in a champagne flute.

A birthday is a good time to reflect on the year, on fitness goals, on emotional and spiritual progress.  I'm happy to say this has been such a good year.  I've learned so much.  And my birthday suit has never fit better.  When I looked in the mirror during ballet class, I kept thinking, "are those really MY legs?"  Thank you, Crossfit and Paleo.

For dinner, my girlfriends and I went to La Jolla Groves.  I chose the most paleo-friendly things on the menu, but I admit, I did splurge just a little.  It was my birthday, after all.  I did not partake of the offerings in the bread basket, but the waiter brought complimentary stuffed mushrooms (they had some breading and were filled with gorgonzola cheese) and I ate one.  I ordered mushroom soup (gluten free!) and Lemon Roasted Chicken, and asked for asparagus instead of mashed potatoes.  Because it was my birthday, the waiter brought dessert -- chocolate molten cake.  I'm not a cake girl, but when you add "chocolate" and "molten" to it, I admit it does persuade me.  I had a few bites, but left most of it for my girlfriends to enjoy on my behalf.

I made a new paleo cheesecake (I believe I shall call it "Coconut Dacquiri Cheesecake") for my birthday, so we left the restaurant after dinner to go back to my house and enjoy my creation.  When we got there, the house was dark and my daughter's car was gone.  I opened the door and noticed that the back porch lights had been left on and the back door was unlocked.  Oh great, I thought.  The house has been left open and all the kids are gone.  I walked to the back door and peeked through the blinds to assess the situation.  Standing on the back porch was Superman, dress shirt and tie, by a lovely fire in the firepit and a vase of roses on a little table.  I screamed and ripped the door open and jumped into his arms.  I kept touching his face, reeling, trying to believe he was really standing there in front of me.  He started talking, saying beautiful loving things, and the realization began to dawn on me -- he's proposing!  He pulled out a ring and put it on my finger, and asked me to marry him.  I said yes...then I said it again...and again...and again.  Then I climbed onto the roof (high heels and all) and shouted to the neighborhood.

Superman and I are getting married.  This was the best birthday EVER.

Oh, and the cheesecake was delicious.


Comments

  1. Congrats!!! I am so happy for you, Julie. Sounds like the best birthday EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and lovely! Awww! Good on Superman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations (I just saw video)! I couldn't be more happier for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dalene, where did you see video? I haven't even seen the footage yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo!!!! Congrats! You two are awesome together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment