Fall Bounty

Herb Crusted Chicken, zucchini, cantaloupe

Finding a place to set down my plate is tricky right now.  Our table is covered in peaches and our counters are accumulating tomatoes.  I'm so grateful!  Having great neighbors really cuts down on the food bill.

Besides, have you ever noticed how many fruit trees in your neighborhood go unpicked and underused?  Fruit falls and rots and no one benefits (except perhaps the bugs and birds).  When I'm in Superman's neck of the woods, I practically weep at the wasted citrus.  I can't grow citrus where I live, and it's such a shame to see it neglected.  I should form some sort of produce co-op -- a weekly swap meet, or something.  There's enough and to spare!  Let's share!
----
This morning's WOD was one part easy, one part challenging and one part just plain hard.

50 Squats
20 Pull ups
10 Ring dips
35 Squats
15 Pull ups
8 Ring dips
20 Squats
10 Pull ups
5 Ring dips

I used a rubber tube (my old resistance bands -- one of my past fitness attempts, from about ten years ago) for assisted kipping pullups and assisted ring dips.  During my last set of pull-ups, the tube slipped off my foot and snapped all the way up to my crotch.  OUCH.  The ring dips were very difficult for me.  I don't think my rubber tube is helpful enough for those.  But I gave it my best shot.  Reviewing the video I took, I can see I still have some work to do.

I finished in 9:15.

Comments