Morning Max

I finally had the chance yesterday to bring Superman to my "box", aka the rec center.  We spent a leisurely Saturday morning practicing movements, getting some much needed coaching.  Correct technique can make all the difference in the world!  I wish I could be getting that kind of training every day.

My two goals for the morning were to work on technique, and then to find my max on deadlift and bench press.  This was the first time I'd ever attempted to find my max on anything.  When I finished my max deadlift, I started crying.  Crying?  Yep.  I was surprised at my own emotional outburst.  Superman hugged me and I asked why I was weeping.  "Julie, you just lifted heavier weight than you've ever lifted in your life!"  I looked at the bar and solemnly said, "That's like lifting a person.  A person heavier than I am myself."

Max deadlift:  145 lbs.
Max bench press:  88 lbs.


Saturday morning wod:

15-12-9-6-3
power clean 70# (heavier than I've worked out with before!)
burpees

10:24

And then Superman and I flexed in the mirror together, admiring our muscles.

Comments