Coconut Daiquiri Cheesecake

As you can imagine, I've been a bit distracted this week since my birthday.  I keep meaning to get back to the blog, but then I find myself looking at wedding rings and thinking about guest lists and organizing the house for the move... there's a lot to do in the next few months.

With only one week left in our 60-Day Challenge, I'm realizing how sustainable this nutrition plan is as a lifestyle.  I hardly even think about it anymore.  I enjoy (usually) the challenge of finding something healthy to eat within the Paleo framework, even incorporating comfort food flavors and textures (another tasty chocolate recipe is on its way). 

As promised, here is the recipe for my birthday cheesecake.  Four out of five taste-testers agreed it should be named Coconut Daiquiri Cheesecake.  I don't remember what the fifth tester suggested.  It doesn't matter; it's my recipe, and my birthday dessert, and I get to decide what to call it!  (I'm trying on a bit of Bridezilla for size...I don't think it's working for me. :)  )

Coconut Daiquiri Cheesecake
Step one:
Chocolate Almond Crust
2 cups almonds, toasted (pop them in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes, let cool)
1/4 c. unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted (stir in a hot dry frying pan until nicely golden)
1 square unsweetened chocolate
8 pitted dates

Whir ingredients in a food processor until they are the consistency of a crumb crust.  Press into the bottom of a springform pan.

Step two:
Cashew Cream Filling
3 cups of Cashews (soaked for 1 hour)
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup lime juice (fresh)
3/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Blend ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.  Pour into nut crust.  Place in freezer during following step.

Step three:
Coconut Daiquiri Topping
1 can coconut milk (refrigerated for thickness)
the juice from 1 - 2 limes
1/4 c. honey

Whisk ingredients together, carefully pour and spread over the cashew filling.  Return pan to freezer, cover with a plate.  Freeze at least three hours.  Pull pan from freezer about 15 minutes or so before serving, so it won't be too firm to slice.


Comments