Paleo Banana Bread



I've been baking again!  Thanks to the wonderful Elana for this fantastic recipe.  If you compare her pictures to mine, you'll notice that her bread is a finer crumb and a lighter color.  This is because she's using blanched almond flour, and I'm using non-blanched almond meal (which I make myself).  It still tastes great.

I also started experimenting with coconut flour, since I found some at my local health food store.  I'll have another bread recipe for you later that uses just coconut flour (one of my main taste-testers is sensitive to almonds).

Paleo Banana Bread
3 bananas, mashed
3 eggs
1 T. vanilla
1 T. honey
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
1 3/4 c. almond meal
1/4 c. coconut flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pulse together the wet ingredients in the food processor.  Add the flours, salt, baking soda, and combine.  Pour into two mini loaf pans lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 50 - 60 mins.



Comments

  1. Yes!!!!!! I am new to the paleo world, and I'm so very excited to make this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Andrea! I think you're going to enjoy Paleo. I look forward to hearing about your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment