Paleo Granola

You may remember the sadness and regret I related at banishing my favorite homemade granola from my kitchen when I started the Paleo experiment.

I have now found something better.

Thanks to Brooke McLay at The Cheeky Kitchen, I now have reason to celebrate!  Her search for oat-like ingredients led to this masterpiece, and her pictures are absolutely drool-worthy.

I have tinkered with her recipe just a tad to personalize it, but I believe either recipe will satisfy your breakfast (and bedtime) bowlful cravings.

Paleo Granola
2 c. sliced almonds
1/2 c. raw pecans, chopped
1/4 c. raw walnuts, chopped
1/4 c. raw sunflower seeds
3/4 c. unsweetened coconut, wide shreds
1/4 c. unsweetened coconut, fine shreds
1/4 c. chia seeds
1/4 c. flax meal
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
1/4 c. honey

Preheat oven to 300F.  Mix all ingredients together.  Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Cool, stirring occasionally, until mixture is crispy.  Store in an airtight container.  Good luck making it last more than a couple of days.

Preheat oven to 300F.

Gorgeous ingredients.

Before baking.

Perfectly toasted!

Comments