Freezer Crockpot Meals

Life is crazy.  I don't know anyone who can say, "you know, my life is nice and slow -- I wish I had more recipes that took a good long time to prepare."

Since I know you all have crazy lives as well, I would like to share my latest solution:  Freezer Crockpot Meals.

1. Buy up a bunch of meat on sale.
2. Spend a couple hours assembling ingredients into gallon freezer bags.
3. Pull a meal out of the freezer the night before and thaw in the fridge.
4. Empty the bag into the crockpot the next morning and switch it on low.

Dinner is ready when you get home!

Crockpot Hawaiian Pizza
Costco carries a clean spaghetti sauce!  I used half a jar of that, and added plenty of oregano, instead of the crushed tomatoes.  I ate it out of a bowl, like a soup, but I also served french bread and cheese for the non-paleo eaters at our house.  It was a big hit with everyone!

Herb & Mustard Slow Cooked Pork Roast
I didn't have a pork roast, so I made this with a package of boneless pork chops.  The image at the top of the recipe includes a delicious-looking broccoli dish.  To duplicate it, I stir-fried broccoli with chopped bacon and cashews.  Yum.

Crockpot Green Chile Pork Stew
Skip browning the pork.  Just toss the ingredients (without the olive oil and flour) in the freezer bag.  I also chose to leave out the jalapenos.

Honey Balsamic Pork Chops
So simple!  Use a second crockpot to cook up a butternut squash.  Just throw the whole thing in on low, then skin and seed it once it's cooked.  Mash with some coconut oil and salt (and a little maple flavoring, if you like).  If there are leftovers of squash, use it in Butternut Squash Pancakes.

Painfully Easy Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken
There are several crockpot recipes here.  This is the one I chose to do.

Crockpot Applesauce BBQ Chicken
I found a clean BBQ sauce at Sprouts Market, and substituted honey for the brown sugar.

Crock Pot Orange Chicken
I left out the soy sauce and peanuts, and only used a tiny bit of sriracha.  Before serving the chicken, I shredded it with two forks in the crockpot.  For a side dish, I pulsed the following in a food processor, wrapped it in a large foil packet, and placed it on top of the chicken right there in the crockpot:

head of cauliflower (including the leaves)
carrots
onion
celery
leftover ham

The boys ate the "ham fried rice" with a bit of soy sauce.  After gobbling three heaping servings, my 13-year-old was slightly offended to learn that he'd been tricked into eating cauliflower -- and liking it.

Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken
This has been a big hit.  Leave out the corn and substitute 1 c. chicken broth for the salsa.  Serve on top of spaghetti squash (which can either cook in another crockpot, or pretty quickly in the microwave).

Comments