Onion Rings

I had a stroke of genius the other night.  I was making our lettuce-wrapped quarter pound hamburgers, pondering the fact that if boys lived at our house, I'd need to make at least four times as much food, when I suddenly wondered if I could make Paleo onion rings.

The answer is yes.  Actually, the answer is oooooooohhhhhhh yyyyyyyyessssssss!

Over dinner, Ballerina asked with delight, "why haven't we thought to do this before?!?"


Paleo Onion Rings
2 medium onions, thickly sliced
1 egg, beaten
shredded unsweetened coconut
coconut oil

Separate onion slices into rings.  Beat egg in a large bowl.  Heat coconut oil in a frying pan (enough oil to come to the halfway mark on your onion slices). Toss onion in the egg, then on a separate plate, coat in coconut.  Place onion rings in the frying pan, turning over once the first side is browned.  Serve alongside lettuce-wrapped hamburgers.

Comments