Tuna Sushi

If you haven't discovered nori sheets, I highly recommend finding your local international store and searching them out.   The farmer's market up the street sells them in the international aisle.  If you have Sprouts or Good Earth or Whole Foods or Sunflower Market nearby, chances are you'll be able to find them.

I was trying to come up with an interesting after-school-before-ballet snack for Ballerina when I remembered I have a package of nori sheets.  I pulled out a zucchini and a can of tuna and threw together a very satisfying unrice sushi.

First, use a vegetable peeler to make long thin slices of zucchini.

Lay zucchini slices at one end of a nori sheet and top with tuna and mustard.

Roll up and hold for a minute so it doesn't come undone.
Enjoy!  I like eating mine right away, because I like the nori crispy instead of soft.  I think one medium zucchini and one can of tuna filled four nori sheets.  Two for me, two for Ballerina.

Comments