Fresh Uova in Purgatory!

Some time ago, I posted a review and link to NomNom Paleo's delicious "Uova in Purgatory".

This morning, I found myself craving it, but I had no mushrooms, no sausage, and no spaghetti sauce.  I did have some other fresh ingredients, though, so I made some substitutions.  It is now cooling on the table while I write this.



Fresh Uova in Purgatory
1 t. coconut oil
60 g. onion, finely diced (that's about 1/4 an onion)
60 g. crookneck squash, finely diced
3 oz. cooked chicken, finely diced
1 roma tomato (3 oz.), finely diced
fennel seeds
red pepper flakes
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Saute onion and squash in coconut oil.  Add chicken and tomato.  Sprinkle fennel seeds and red pepper flakes to taste.  Stir and cook until tomatoes soften.  Divide into two 4-oz. ramekins.  Make a well in the center of each and crack an egg into it.

Bake for 15-20 minutes.

If you're weighing and measuring your macros, here's the breakdown:

15.6 g. fat
12.4 g. carb
30 g. protein

The other dish is a Plum Rhubarb Compote.  It's an adaptation of a non-Paleo Plum Rhubarb Crisp that is all the rage at every gathering to which I've brought it.

Plum Rhubarb Compote
2.5 oz frozen plums
.5 oz frozen chopped rhubarb
.4 oz frozen lemon juice
1/2 t. arrowroot flour
cinnamon
Splenda

Heat plums, rhubarb and lemon juice in microwave.  Stir in arrowroot flour, and sprinkle on cinnamon, and Splenda to taste.  Stir thoroughly and reheat if necessary.

.3 g fat
11.3 g carb
.7 g protein

Comments